4 medium potatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, rosemary, sage or thyme
4 tablespoons grated reduced fat cheddar cheese1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices but not all the way through.
3. Put potatoes in a baking dish, fanning them slightly.
4. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
5. Bake potatoes for about 50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheeses.
7. Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside. Check with a fork.